Thursday, October 27, 2011

Word Sort Homework for Tonight

Your child's word sort homework tonight has two parts. 1. Students are expected to take their already cut word sorts and pick 5 words from their pile. Students are expected to write 5 sentences (one sentence per word). Students will use 1 word to write a simple sentence, such as if a child has the word hat they can write... "I have a blue hat." 2. Students are encouraged to pick their favorite sentence and type the sentence below as a comment. It will be fun to read these sentences tomorrow. If you need directions on how to post a comment below please refer to the tab above. When adding your name, I encourage families to just write student's first name. You are welcome to make the word sort word in bold if you like. 

25 comments:

  1. Example (with and without bolded word):
    I have a blue hat.
    I have a blue HAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog wags his TAIL.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am six years old.
    Brady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stop when I see my dad in a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of stamps.
    We have a stick in our yard.
    I use scissor to cut a paper.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw six stars in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put a stamp on an envelope.
    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stars are bright.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the american flag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tango did NOT want to play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dad likes his tie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a stump in my backyard.

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cut the paper with SCISSORS.

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  14. My shirt has a tag

    Kedar

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am wearing a cap.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom likes to nap.

    Noah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for commenting! :) Mr. Deris