The PTC is excited to announce the kick-off of the Glendale Read-a-thon this year. Thanks to your generous support, we raised $28,500 last year. Our goal is to raise $30,000 this year. 100% of what the students earn goes directly back to Glendale to enhance your child’s education. It is the primary source of funding for PTC school support. We simply ask that students get pledges from family and friends, and then come to school ready to read on Tuesday, October 9th. On this day students will spend 120 minutes reading in various classrooms based on their chosen interests. If each child raises 45 cents a minute (a donation of $54), we will reach our goal of $30,000. This is just a guideline. Whatever each student can raise, is greatly appreciated. Envelopes with pledges are due back to school Thursday, October 4th. The top fundraiser in each grade will receive a Kindle! The top fundraising grade will get a pizza party. Every child who returns an envelope will be able to participate in a raffle for special privileges. Much more information about the Read-a-thon is available on the Glendale homepage under General Information (PTC), or contact Amy Crosby at 952-445-4193 or Heidi Bodine 952-233-5098.
1) If Glendale reaches its $30,000 goal, Mr. Richardson will be “locked up” for an entire school day. Students will be able to feed him, give him a bathroom pass, and even spend some time reading with him.
2) Grade level that raises the most money: Pizza Party put on by the PTC.
3) Top fundraiser per grade level: A Kindle!
4) Top fundraiser per classroom: A $10 Barnes & Noble gift card
5) Every student who returns an envelope can put their name in a raffle for:
1. Lunch delivery from Jimmy John’s or Davanni’s
2. No homework pass for a day
3. Switch grade levels for a day
4. Deliver lunch to Mr. Richardson while he’s locked up and eat lunch with him
5. Read with Mr. Richardson while he’s locked up
6. Box set of Ivy + Bean books
7. Scrabble (Diary of A Wimpy Kid Edition)
8. I-SPY 3D board game